Tuesday, August 31, 2010

EOC Week 5: Exercise

My plan for the future is to be a buyer for a high-end department store. I would love to work for Barneys, because they have a buyer for each store. It would be like working for a big boutique, but would have the big business stability. I like how there is a buyer for each store because it would be a lot easier to know you customers then if you where regional buying. I see this taking about ten years or even longer. I know that it takes time to climb up the business latter. Also with it Barneys and being high end it might take even longer then that. I know that you have to work you way up and be an assistant buyer first, and work at other companies first. I try not have an exact idea of what I expect to do after receiving my degree, because I do not want to feel disappointed if tings do not work out how I expect. Things never seem to turn out exactly how you think they will especially when talking about the future. I would like to move out of Las Vegas since I have been here for a long great amount of my life. Moving to a bigger city such as Los Angles or New York or even Paris if I learn more French. I would love a change of pace and even living over seas. The reason why I would like being a buyer so much is, because they travel so much. I love being on the move and can get bored easy so traveling often would keep me interested and not stir crazy. I like how much control that they buyer has and in a sense they get to go off and do their own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment